Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

getting a fast metabolism?

for example lets say someone has a slow metabolism is there a way to get a fast metabolism like their friend that they can eat what ever they want. my friend told me that he was fat when he was little then he lost the weight by excercising and dieting and now i see him eat like beast. thanx for your advice.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes actually. Lifting weights helps your metabolism and helps burn calories. Anything that you struggle with will help (struggle weight wise). Also some people are born with higher metabolism, i guess you can say they are lucky. But as long as you get enough exercise and lift weight I'm sure eventually you can eat as much as he can - without any repercussions

• 1 decade ago

A fast metabolism is simply how fast your body breaks down food into the nutrients that it needs and processes them. If you are active, you will tend to be more hungry, as your body requires more nutrients to sustain itself. You already said your friend lost the weight by dieting and excercising. Dieting simply means eating a balance of food that is more nutritional. This helps with the excercise program to give your body the vitamins and minerals that it requires. If your friend still has a high metabolism, it is more than likely he is still somewhat active. Whatever your body doesn't use, it stores for future use. If you are active, you tend to have a higher metabolism, and can eat what you want, I guess. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually if your body is healthy, it can burn off all excess calories. So eat healthy foods which you can learn about on site below. Also there is a way (under EXERCISE on site below) to increase your metabolism even if your health is not great so you burn more calories 24 hours per day.

http://www.phifoundation.org

• 1 decade ago

THERE IS NO WAY TO GET A FASTER METABOLISM! Some drugs can affect it, but your NATURAL metabolism is unchangeable. The reason your friend eats more is because he is using more energy then he used to because he is exercising more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

metabolism doesn`t change overnight . You have to change your mind attitude and really begin positve thoughts b4 anything will work. Most diets(or whatever) will not work unless you have a positive attitude

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

consume 6 small nutrition on a regular basis, exercising 2-4 cases a week, and drink lemon water in the previous you consume something interior the morning. The lemon water will stay on your equipment by the day and consume the fat which you consume. :)

• 1 decade ago

If you eat a lot of small meals throughout the day it can sometimes help.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. You need to ask each of your parents to please provide you with a new set of GENES.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

fruit+veggies

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.