Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

2 of my friends told my mom that i was on drugs instead of talking to me she grounded me what do i do?

Favorite Answer

so you are on drugs? get some help and quit then work on gettign your moms trust back. im sure she is realy disappointed and though she raised you better... yiou let her down... didnt you learn to say o to drugs in school?

try talking to her first then stop the drugs and regain her trust

evern thoug hit doesnt seem liek it your friends are worried abotu you and are looking out for your best interest. they didnt mean to hurt you. they just wan tto help. and they took the initiative to do so. you will thank them one day later down the road. they sound liek true friends to me. im not being sarcatic at all either

Well, everyone has already said this, but if you are using drugs, then you should seek counseling or something. Im not, in any way, trying to sound mean. I am saying this because I had friends in high school who used them, and it ended badly for everyone, and they all ended up regretting it. If you arent using drugs, then offer to take a drug test and ditch those friends.

EITHER WAY, your mom was wrong to ground you immediatley, based on some information she got from someone else. She should have talked to you and found out your side, and to see if you have any problems or questions that you need advice or help with. You should try talking to her about it and helping her see your side. IF you do have a drug problem, it would be best to be honest with her, and ask her to help you get help.

Well honostly I think it was wrong of your friend's to go behind your back if they never came to you FIRST! Friends should always try to confront you first if you are doing something like that, that isn't good and it's harming you. Then next, is when they should go to the parents.

I also think your parents should talk to you about what happened, I don't think they should believe everything that's told to them. My brother used to get drug tested all the time when he had drug problems. If your not doing drugs then I would really try to get one done to prove her wrong so you can earn your trust back with your mom. If you are doing drugs, then there isn't anything you can do but go with what your mom is doing since she's trying to protect you; try to quit drugs and talk to her about it maybe. But the way you wrote it made it seem like you weren't doing them.

• *

If your friends weren't just trying to get back at you for something, then it means they did it because they care about you. Thank them, and then stop doing drugs. Don't you want to have a job and leave home someday?? I know people that screwed themselves up permanently with addiction and the aftermath of drug use. No job, no life, and living with parents still in their 40's. Now that is EXTREME, I know, but who is to say that you won't be one of those people who react this strongly to addiction?? It's all in the cards, and it isn't worth a gamble.

Take your punishment and stop doing drugs your friends only meant well and were trying to help you. You really do not want to get into that kind of stuff trust me.

Addicts oftentimes bypass by this kinda difficulty some cases in the previous cleansing up thoroughly. it somewhat is going to be annoying to get removed from him yet in addition he's gonna want somebody there to help him get removed from the lady and lower back into rehab. He probably isn't seeing the wear he's doing as a results of fact he's so extreme. warding off him will basically bring about him doing extra drugs. help him get sparkling and removed from the lady yet in addition recognize your dad's needs via conserving him away out of your dad. it somewhat is going to be annoying for the two you and him yet he definetly needs a chum in the process the detox and breakup. I desire i'd desire to be extra help!

Were you? Seriously, that's information anyone would need to be able to answer your "What do I do?" question.

If you were, be honest: confess, apologize, and take your lumps like the mature person your parents want you to be.

If you were not, obtain proof to that effect and present it to your parents. Do not taunt nor whine. Merely show the proof and let them see it. They should be less likely to prejudge in the future if--again--your are mature about it.

Well what you could do is just ask her to pay attention to you so she can get your side of the story and if she says no then keep askin shes bound to talk sooner or later.

these r diffrent

this one is if ur doing drugs:

stop doing drugs and take ur mom's punishment

not doing drug's:

tell ur mom to take u to do a drug test

dicth ur friends and ur life will be better

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

• Jess H

If you're not, offer to take a drug test, then ditch those friends. If you are, then listen to your mother, and thank God you have such good friends.