Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

hi, question about dieting?

hey, for a person who is not on a strict "diet" but eats quite healthy (eats all that is necessary but doesnt eat junkfood etc) and works out, is it beneficial to have 1 day per week to have a snack day when there is no workout and eating a lot of chocolate and chips etc?

Favorite Answer

Sure, why not? The reason people on diets have that one free day out of the week is to be able to release those cravings they have and not feel guilty about it. Without that free day, most people would fail their diet and end up giving up on their diet altogether. Usually, this type of thing is for people who are trying to lose weight.

So, I guess if you are looking to lose weight, it would be beneficial to have that one day to release those cravings. If you are just looking to live a healthy lifestyle and aren't so concerned about weight, i wouldn't worry too much about the one day a week thing. But even if you aren't trying to lose weight, it's not so bad to have a cookie every now and then to cure your sweet tooth. For me, I just look for healthier snacks when i have a sweet tooth.