How is the best way to tell your bf that you dont want to be with them anymore?

Hes ays that he loves me and i told him that i love him, but i sort of need a break, and i know he would let me have if i just said i need a break. so how can i make him understand and not be upset?

Favorite Answer

just tell him! if he realy loves you he will understand...maybe some time away will show you two how much you love each other

Honey, sit down with him, look him straight in his eyes, and hold both of his hands in your's (VERY IMPORTANT--he will easily see and feel your sincerity).

Say: "I know we've been seeing eachother for XYZ amount of time and understand how much we love eachother, but I really don't think it's going to be possible for me to continue with this relationship for XYZ reasons."

Then, lovingly and caringly tell him all of your reasons, and ask him this very important question:

How do you feel about everything I've just shared with you?

VERY IMPORTANT question to ask him as it will create an air of caring and exchanging of feelings and thoughts and it will most surely place everything in front of both of you so that you can see things clearly for what they are, together.

DO NOT:

Bicker, fight, argue, let him drag you back into the relationship with sweet words. You cannot deny these feelings or you would not have asked them on this thread in the first place.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and Peace!!!

• Sheila

Say "I don't want to be with you anymore" He's going to be upset no matter how you say it. I need a break also indicates you'll get back together and you don't know if you will or not.

You're not going to get a break and have him respond joyfully. The only person you can control is you--not him or his response. Be kind and graceful and find honest words.

Good luck.

• Dido

If he would let you have a break if you just told him you needed one then just tell him you need one. That was simple.

• angel1

make a list of all the reasons why you need a break but explain them so it seems that every one is to his advantage. you have to be very careful with the male ego. its so fragile.

without giving him a prior warning, take him out to dinner, the park or some quiet place, and just tell him as honestly as possible what is on your mind. don't bs, just tell him the truth.

why do you need a break if you love him?

Be honest. Be brief. Be thorough. Then don't get bogged down in yadda yadda yadda discusions. Be firm if that's what you want.

Be honest with yourself first. Understand what it is you're feeling. Once that's done, then you can better explain it to him