SYLVIA A asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

my cat in heat wont stop crying anything i can do cant afford to have her fix at this time?

Favorite Answer

Short of letting her outside to get found by any number of willing males, and getting kittens in about 6 weeks (or is it 8?) there's not a thing you can do. She'll go back out of heat on her own, but she'll d it again and again - it's just part of a female's cat normal cycle.

Save up, get her fixed next month. They won't fix her while she's in heat anyway.

isn't that annoying? When my cat went into heat and I couldn't afford to have her fixed yet, I had to lock her in the basement with food, water and her cat box until it passed. Now that she is fixed, she is the best cat I ever had. They just have to get through the cycle, which can last a few days or a few weeks. There isn't anything you can do to stop the crying and spraying until you fix her.

Crying from being in heat is not serious. Be aware, however, that even if she is spayed mid-cycle, she will still complete this heat cycle (minus being able to get pregnant) before it stops altogether. Options to help you get her fixed - call around to different vets, you would be amazed at the price differences; most vets will let you make payment arrangements, some may let you volunteer to work off a bill; call local shelters to see if they know of anyone who will help people in financial difficult situations to spay/neuter.

Keep her in, and get some really effective earplugs.

Search the Internet for No-Kill shelters in your area, call them, & ask if they can help you in some way to get her spayed. They often offer various kinds of help to do just that.

Pets--How Do You View Them? :

~ Animals--A Gift From God

~ Pets--Keeping a Balanced View of Them

~ Animals--A Pleasure Forever!

http://watchtower.org/library/g/2004/2/22a/article...

(This ^ URL will likely change soon, after which Advanced Search at http://watchtower.org/search/search_e.htm will find the new URL.)

Where I live in NC, there is a organization that comes down to the animal shelter every so often and spays and nueters cats and dogs for free. Call you're local vet or shelter and ask if they have a program like that, if they don't there is probably one somewhere around you.

There is nothing you can really do. I know from experience my cat is currently in heat to and is driving me bananas. Just pray for the times when she is asleep. That is the only time they are quiet. Pay attention to her and pet her. Snuggle her on your lap and try to get her to play. This will last for about a week. Hang in there and goodluck!

Pretty much just wait it out. She'll keep on doin it over and over. Nothin to do except get her fixed but not while she's in heat. I don't think the vets will do it when she is.

Have patience she will only be in heat a couple of days and don't let her outside for the males to find. I hope you can find a way to save money to have her spayed it will be healthier for her in the long run. Good Luck!

Depending on where you are, there are some vet clinics that do low cost spay/neuter for low income, you can get it done for as little as $25...

And if that isn't an option, then find a tom cat and let her get some!

Some places offer concessional rates.Its just as costly to feed tmother cat and kittens.Finding homes can be aproblem.