My heart starts pounding, sometimes, even when I'm at rest. Has this happened to anyone else?

By the way, I'm 19 weeks pregnant. I could be lying down, and all of a sudden, it feels like my heart's trying to beat out of my chest. It doesn't hurt, or anything, though.

I guess I'm just wondering if this is something that happens in pregnancy... This never happened to me with my first, and with this one, I'm getting a virtual cornucopia of horrid symptoms.

Favorite Answer

Im 11 weeks pregnant and have started experiencing this, which I notice more when Im sitting down. Theres an increase in blood and your heart is working harder. Its completely normal. Relax :)

I had something similar I noticed while pregnant. However after delivery I noticed I would get it once in awhile also. After a visit with a cardiologist I was diagnosed with super ventricular tachycardia. basically a fast heart rate without a significant cause! I was tld this does not harm me and sometimes I get other symptoms now such as shortness of breath but there is nothing hurting me :)

• This happend to me when I early in my first trimester. I was at work and collapsed on the floor. But since you are further along then I was, try laying on your left side. At this stage your supposed to be staying off your back and stomach. Your right side is ok, but there is a nerve over there that can get pinched. If that doesn't work, you may be malnourished somehow. Ooooor, your body could just be working alot harder. When in doubt, call the doctor.

I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant and experiencing this also. I've had my blood pressure checked...last time it was 117/62, so very normal. I contribute it to your body having more blood to pump around since you're growing a kid.

Drink lots of water and sit up. When you feel comfortable lie down. The worst thing you can do is stress. Just relax

I am 19 weekslike you and have the same thing also being short of breath

guess we aer working hard huh

yes this is norm. it is hard to carry a baby a round when walking and the pounding is a norm. function of the heart so no worries

happened to me all the time with my last pregnancy. just remember your heart is working extra hard.

I would guess it's more anxiety releated.... I've always gotten this.. I would check with your doctor, but seems to be harmless.

• T Time

You may need more water