Whats the best RTS ever?

give a thorough explanation and include information about online play

Favorite Answer

RTS that means line Command and conquer style right??

I like age of mythology , Command and conquer and starcraft a lot.

But my favourite is Galactic Civilizations. Never played on line but I hear its a blast. I play GC2 offline lots and it simple rocks.

Space age game with many races. You take over planets , build custom ships or pick from premade ones but the custom ones once you learn how to play properly are much better.

There is way to much to explain in Galactic Civilizations but basically its like Master of Orion 2 except done 1000 times better. Only one thing though its a turn based game but its a lot better then any other turned based game I played. In fact every other turn based game I played I did not like.

Warcraft 3 is fun. Age of Empires 2 Conq expansion. (Aoe 3 sucked) The Battle for middle earth series, And Star Trek Rts game.

StarCraft. Blizzard actually did a really good job with all 3 playable races. It was much more balanced when Brood War was released because in the original, the humans were the only race that couldn't heal itself, but with the medic, it's now possible to heal. Lots of strategy involved because you had to match up the right units in order to win.

Plus, if some crazy gamers are willing to pay with their lives to play this game, you know it's got to be good.

Personally I enjoyed Warcraft III.

The basic gameplay consisted of four races, and were mostly different from one to another. After playing each, one comes out as a favorite. I got bored of the regular gameplay after awhile though.

The online gameplay is quite different. Blizzards map editing program allows for a wide diversity of different map types. More and more maps come out as time goes on, and the entertainment lasts for quite a while.

Definally any of the Age of Empires Games except 3

Lord of the Rings the Battle for Middle Earth 2

Enjoy recreating scenes and battles from the movies

The mods and maps make each game a new experience and challenging.