Help cure my tendanitus in my knees???

i got tendanitus in my knees. ive had it since 7th grade, now im in 9th. Is there any way of curing my tendanitus, w/o surgery?

Favorite Answer

tendinitis is an inflammation of a tendon, in your case probably the patellar tendon which connects the four muscles of your front thigh to your tibia.

sandwiched in between the tendon is your patella bone, or your knee cap.

you do not need surgery for tendinitis...you need to rest it, or do other activities which do not make it hurt. the recipe for success here is R.I.C.E., which stands for rest, ice, compression, elevation.

the fact that you are young may mean that it IS NOT tendinitis, but rather something called "Osgood-Schlatter's", especially if you are active, male, and have had a big growth spurt.

see if there are athletic training facilities where you go to school-if you have sport teams at your high school, you probably do. they are a great resource, and may even be able to treat you with different therapies. but, you must be willing to take the advice and follow their instructions.

• m c

I know how you feel, my brother has it too, He goes a to a sports doctor, one that takes care of injuries like football players, basket ball etc.. The doctor has helped him so much, he hardly ever complains of pain or anything anymore. He did not have surgery, the doctor said he did not need it. Surgery should always be a last resort.

I recommend you see a podiatrist specializing in sports medicine. Your lower extremities might be out of alignment and that would cause chronic knee pain/tendonitis. If that is the case, you could benefit from orthotics.

I agree with mc, don't let them cut you.

Research everything about your ailment.

Start here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/tendonitis?method=26&...

What is the cause of your injury ?

What is it you do for it not to heal ?

Do you give your body the necessary nutrients to heal itself ?

go to physical therapy. it helps a lot

Source(s): been to 5 dif physical therapists