Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Where do people get the idea that all angels are not only male, but come from christianity?

Angels predate christianity, Ma'at of the Egyptian pantheon is an angel.

Favorite Answer

from their own speculation. Did you know that angels don't have wings? They generally float or fly in flower or swan airplanes (according to the Vedic knowledge go to krishnaculture. read Srimad Bhagavatam. has knowledge about all species of human beings and angels in great detail on all planetary systems.

The first part of the bible describes the creation of the entire world, how do the egyptians come before that?

Angels were here before the world was even created.

Egyptians did not create the world, nor did they have the answers of eternal life, though they tried to find a way, but could not. They're just as human as you and I. Angels existed in their time, in our time and at the beginning of time.

I do not know if all angels are male, or if they really can be called male at all. And yes, angels do predate Christianity, they predate every other belief on the earth.

Again, everthing goes back to how the earth was brought into being, including all people.

The God of the bible is not just the Christian God, but the Creator. The text of the bible is not just after Christianity, the old testament came hundreds of years before Christ and angels were here before the creation of the world and appear throughout the text of the bible.

I believe in them, that I do know. How can they just come from Christianity? You've answered you own question, they were here before any of us. The bible describes this clearly.

Who knows whether they are male, or female or something we don't quite understand. I have hear male names though, but somenames to me are not able to be defined either way. They are spiritual messengers/protectors of mankind.

Christian faith is rooted in the Old Testament and angels abound therein.

See Numbers 22:22-31

22 But God became angry because Balaam went, so the angel of the Lord stood in the road to stop Balaam. Balaam was riding his donkey, and he had two servants with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a sword in his hand, the donkey left the road and went into the field. Balaam hit the donkey to force her back on the road.

24 Later, the angel of the Lord stood on a narrow path between two vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 Again the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, and she walked close to one wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he hit her again.

26 The angel of the Lord went ahead again and stood at a narrow place, too narrow to turn left or right. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam. This made him so angry that he hit her with his stick. 28 Then the Lord made the donkey talk, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done to make you hit me three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made me look foolish! I wish I had a sword in my hand! I would kill you right now!”

30 But the donkey said to Balaam, “I am your very own donkey, which you have ridden for years. Have I ever done this to you before?”

“No,” Balaam said.

31 Then the Lord let Balaam see the angel of the Lord, who was standing in the road with his sword drawn. Then Balaam bowed facedown on the ground.

Moses wrote this book some 3,450 years ago. Angels do not originate with Christians, they originate with God, they are a being created by God, the Father of Jesus.

Psalm 148 says:

Praise the Lord from the skies.

Praise him high above the earth.

2 Praise him, all you angels.

Praise him, all you armies of heaven.

3 Praise him, sun and moon.

Praise him, all you shining stars.

4 Praise him, highest heavens

and you waters above the sky.

5 Let them praise the Lord,

because they were created by his command.

The Holy Bible : New Century Version , containing the Old and New Testaments. 1991 . Word Bibles: Dallas, TX

God Bless. Amen Sincerely, Rick

you're assuming that Christianity took the lake of hearth theory from historic Egyptian faith. this is fake religions that counterfeit the very fact of the gospel. God is God. Jesus Christ is Lord. consistently replaced into, consistently would be. which means long before there ever replaced into an Egypt, or historic Egyptian faith. The Christian Scriptures additionally prophecy the way forward for Egypt. Did you examine something approximately that for the time of your e book?

People don't have a wide exposure to many other religions and philosophies so they assume that angels came from the only source they have heard them coming from--The Bible, a book in which all angels are mentioned in the masculine form (Michael, Lucifer, Gabriel . . .)

Hah...try finding a male angel figurine that would remind someone of a lost loved one. They are basically all women, the only white male ones are swishy biblical looking characters... I was under the impression people thought they were only women...

Angels were created prior to human life.

• A

Christians imagine and believe in the christian idea of angels which are male. The country is mainly populated by Christians.

nice try but NOTHING predates GOD ALMIGHTY and HIS word. HE created angels not some egyptian made up thing.

If you had ever actually read the BIBLE then you would know what it is you are imitating.

People think that the first religion is Judaism, they also assume that males still dominate society and the Earth is supposedly flat.