what is an easy way to magnetize some of my screwdrivers?

other than going to the store and paying for a magnetizer,something I can do with things I might have lying around the house.I heard you can arc them on a car battery or something like that

Favorite Answer

get a magnet off a speaker and rub the screwdriver on it in one direction only not back and forth do this about 50 strokes

Wrap a coil of heavy wire around it, as many turns as will fit along the shaft. Connect the ends to something like a car battery. You'll probably have to put a heavy-duty resistor or some other load in series with the wire though to avoid drawing too much current. The coil will act like an electromagnet, and the magnetic field will be coupled into the screwdriver making a 'permanent' magnet of it.

Otherwise, just leave it for a while stuck to a heavy magnet like a good-sized speaker magnet. The magnetic field will eventually magnetize the screwdriver.

Rub the tips of the screwdrivers on a magnet, but make sure to only rub in one direction. Rubbing back and forth counter acts each other.

any old stereo speaker you have lying around, just rub the screwdriver shaft across the back of the speaker magnet, until the desired result is achieved. or any other magnet you may have around

Use a magnet, like an old speaker magnet, to hang them up with.