Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

How much harder is the floor of the UFC cage compared to the Pride ring floor?

In ufc I see guys get knocked out when there heads get slammed into the the cage floor but not in pride

Favorite Answer

I cant really say how much harder one is to the other as I've neither been inside the UFCs Octagon nor Prides ring.

However, I've taken this from a recent Fedor interview -

Q: Fedor, were you hurt by that terrible throw by Randleman? I trained sambo myself, and I felt like my soul was knocked out of me after such slams.

A: It really wasn’t anything. There was no damage to my health at all.

Q: Is the ring surface similar to tatami?

A: No, it’s harder.

So there you have it - its harder than Judo Tatami mats - which are infact quiet dense, and if your gonna believe anyone you wanna take it from Fedor. If you've not seen the Fedor Randleman fight

Click here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EASpS0zGCLU

Youtube thumbnail

How the hell he ever gets up from this - let alone spank Randleman, is beyond belief!!

• pirrie

hi, timber absorbs each of the pee, plastic makes a mess out of the bedding. twine on the different hand the wee and fizz drop good by. No floor in any respect and bunny will dig and dig and dig. What different kinds of flooring is there? press board will fall apart after time, so will sheet rock. metallic yet lower back this is going to rust and make a mess out of the bedding and can make bunny ill from the poo and pee. strong success....

alot. they do it for blood because that's what the people want. UFC doesn't really have rules. Pride has some.

PRIDE fighters are tougher than UFC fighters...

(j/k...?)

• Ray H

Don't know, both floors are padded though .