topaz asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

How come people worry so much about having friends?

It doesn't really matter that much! GOSH! i don't really even care if i don't have any friends in school.

Favorite Answer

People are worried so much about having friends because most people associate or actually confuse having friends as being socially accepted.

In school is especially harder because everybody doesn't yet know and is trying to find who they are. They get confused under the pressure to fit in, etc.

You were most likely raised by parents that really love you, or parents that don't like you and you learned not to care.

The secret of life is that everyone is looking to be loved, in a million different ways. Its what we are about. If you are raised up right, you are self assured, and self confident and those things don't matter so much.

You either really don't understand it or you are making other feels stupid just so you can feel better about yourself.

Think about why you would ask that question? You make it sound like they are stupid because they care. People already feel bad, and now they are feeling stupid.

I think it is because humans are social creatures (for the most part) and feel that it is necessary to associate with other humans. It's just natural. Everyone wants to be accepted and have friends. Maybe you should find out why it doesn't really matter to you if you have friends or not by getting some counseling.

• Most people are lonely, don't have a support system, or just think friends are just the most wonderful thing on the planet, which I am positive is true. Of course, friends are like having a job. You have to please them and make them cards on thier birthdays and hang out with them. it is quite annoying. Having alot of friends is more overwhelming than terrific, take it from me. If I had a choice, I would get rid of 99.9% of my friends and only keep one. Life would be simpler that way. Kudos to you for revealing the downsides of friendship!

You should want to have friends. I would not worry about how many or how few I have, but a GOOD friend will be there forever, thru anything, and right or wrong will support you. You only need one good friend. I always encourage having as many friends as one can possibly have, but again, you only need one good friend.

Oh baby u in denial...sweetie everyone needs friends y u asking this r u that gurl that creepy and always alone at ur school?. Truth be told everyone needs friends get one i promise it will be a good experince

as you get older you will realize just how important friends are,not just friends,but close friends. to have someone to help you when u need it,and someone who is there for u will matter greatly. otherwise you will end up being a bitter old person with a cat.

when i was younger i always have the need to have a fren to go out or anywhere like shopping etc. but now i really dont care i do everything alone and enjoy myself

not many people worry about having friends. but its nice having them. BC you have some one you can turn to and talk to when no one else wants to listen

I think its a the whole insecurity thing. Some people dont like to be alone. Or are afraid to be alone.