Some of my keys are sticking on my laptop. What should I do?

Should I take it to Gateway or is there a simple way to fix this.

Favorite Answer

depending on the severity of the sticking keys you may be able to clean it yourself unexpesive,if you can work the keys to free them and try to remove all dust etc.., thats around them , you can buy these cans of compressed air that will assist you in this, very unexpnsive available at walmart and any computer/electronics store cleaning cloths, and agents are available, but if the keys are stuck severly gateway may be your best option I have 3 gateway' s in my home 1 desk top 2 laptops, I love all my gateway systems very good machines. just try to keep the key pad area somewhat clean,a cotton cloth between the key pad and the montitor is good practice to keep from scratching the dislay when traveling with your laptop all items under the key pad will come out during travel will have your screen covered in what ever your co worker had for dinner while using your laptop. LOL. Laptop maintenace can be very very expensive..so it is very important to protect your machine and keep it clean as possible

There might just be something stuck underneath. Try buying a can of compressed air (in the computer aisle) This might blow out chunks. If it's more serious then maybe something was spilt which means you'll have to get the keyboard portion of the laptop replaced.

Call Gateway and ask them or if your computer was purchased @ Staples - CALL THEM, or whoever carries your warranty. I would believe like on a Calculator the keys are worn or dirty. One home remedy you can try first would be to get a can of compressed air are spray it on the keys.

Get a new laptop

stick it in the dishwasher.