How can I connect my laptop to my TV?

Both my laptop(Compaq Persario V2000) and my TV (Daewoo) have S-Video Input and Outputs. When i plugged the S-Video in and pressed Fn+F4 I got a picture on my TV, but it was black and white and it was jumping. I looked all over the internet for an answer but i didn't find one. Please help me.

Both my laptop(Compaq Persario V2000) and my TV (Daewoo) have S-Video Input and Outputs. When i plugged the S-Video in and pressed Fn+F4 I got a picture on my TV, but it was black and white and it was jumping. I looked all over the internet for an answer but i didn't find one. Please help me. PS When I put in a movie its black instead of showing the movie. But i can see the cursor.

• Wabbit
    Favorite Answer

There is a device out the called "Dazzle".

If you use the USb type, your life will be much simpler.

• ?

set the resolution to a low setting for one..

dont expect it to look good though unles you are going to play a movie on it..

I do it on mine often, same lappy you have, and a cheap tv with svid. looks like crap when trying to view it sa screen, but once I put in a movie, it looks great.