Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can I connect my laptop to my TV?

Both my laptop(Compaq Persario V2000) and my TV (Daewoo) have S-Video Input and Outputs. When i plugged the S-Video in and pressed Fn+F4 I got a picture on my TV, but it was black and white and it was jumping. I looked all over the internet for an answer but i didn't find one. Please help me.

Update:

Both my laptop(Compaq Persario V2000) and my TV (Daewoo) have S-Video Input and Outputs. When i plugged the S-Video in and pressed Fn+F4 I got a picture on my TV, but it was black and white and it was jumping. I looked all over the internet for an answer but i didn't find one. Please help me. PS When I put in a movie its black instead of showing the movie. But i can see the cursor.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Wabbit
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a device out the called "Dazzle".

If you use the USb type, your life will be much simpler.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

set the resolution to a low setting for one..

dont expect it to look good though unles you are going to play a movie on it..

I do it on mine often, same lappy you have, and a cheap tv with svid. looks like crap when trying to view it sa screen, but once I put in a movie, it looks great.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.