Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

Check up for AIDS?

If I go to those check ups for the doctor; will they be able to find AIDS/HIV if I had?

• Brad
    Favorite Answer

Not necessarily! In most places (including the USA), a doctor will only test you for HIV/AIDS if you specifically ask for the test. It is usually NOT a part of routine bloodwork like with a checkup. This may change in the next couple of years because of new guidelines that have not yet come into effect, but for now, you usually won't be tested for HIV/AIDS unless you ask for it!

The only thing I can say is be careful what you sign. Sometimes Dr's will sneak them in some paper work. Trust me, I've worked for some. Just keep a look out, and remember that whatever the result is, your insurance company and all future doctors will know. If you're worried about it, get tested for HIV confidentially at a local health dept. They give you a number instead of you name, etc.

Yes!! When you go to the doctor they will take a blood sample, run some tests and in time they will tell you if you are HIV/AIDS positive or not.

NO you have to ask for an HIV test.

Only is they specifically check for it.