Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

If I marry my 3rd cousin, will our kids be retarded?

• Favorite Answer

lmfao!!! that is so wrong on so many levels

you do not go to family reunions to find dates

yes your kids will be retarded...

marrying your relatives is retarded

• J.M.C

Well, why run the risk? Why would you want to marry your cousin anyway..keep things in the family??? The kids should be ok, that is unless you and your cousin are retarded. (wondering if you guys are...thinking about getting married)

I believe most of the laws and taboos cover the marriage to first and second cousins, depending on the jurisdiction and culture. Third cousins is considered far enough removed to dodge the bullet as it were.

If the truth be told, interbreeding in any species can consolidate good genes as well as bad genes. Having said that, I'm not exactly promoting the idea.

Very doubtful for your kids to be restarted if you are 3rd cousins, you can consider yourself strangers for 3rd cousins

3rd fine

Physically 1st is even OK though socially a little odd.

every one on the planet is a 9th cousin or closer so all of the "ew a cousin,never" get over it. Your parents are cousins, your spouse or lover is a cousin, etc................

I dont believe that your children would be retarded but what you are wanting to do is JUST RETARDED!!!! Why in the world would you ever want to do something as SICK as that? That is like marring your brother or your father! GROSS!!!

• Nani

3rd cousin is legal and there is no real chance of birth defects than anyone else that has a child.

Very doubtful. In fact the risk for first cousins is very small.

cousins having children together has never been proven to cause retarded children,period.

no, i think the gene pool is spread far enough not to have dulling banjo playing off springs, that is if neither one of you are retarded, as to say both of you are normal, you should have normal kids.