Does anyone have any theories about what will happen in th seventh Harry Potter book???
Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
(She picked the one that began with a consonant and two vowels!)
Things We Know:
Harry is alive at the beginning of this book.
Harry will come of age at the beginning of this book.
Draco Malfoy will NOT team up with Harry to defeat Voldemort. Rowling has spoken against this idea, contrary to popular belief.
Albus Dumbledore IS dead, but will still have an impact in Book 7.
There is still more to Snape; he isn't totally evil.
JKR has said that two people will die that she didn't plan on having die originally, and one person who was going to die is now on the survivor's list.
Harry wants to visit Godric's Hollow.
The reason Albus Dumbledore had James' invisibility cloak is a crucial plot point.
The end of the book will tell us what happens to the survivors of the great battle.
Harry will need to find and destroy 5 more Horcruxes. They are believed to be [THESE ARE RUMORED]:
Something of Ravenclaw's or Gryffindor's (but NOT the Sorting Hat).
Possibily Nagini, Voldemort's snake
The part left in Voldemort himself Things We Might Know:
One classmate may become a teacher, and it is rumored that it will be Neville!
More revelations about Harry's mum, Lily Potter, is made in this book.
Harry will die in this book
Remus Lupin will be a major player in this book
- Vi.Lv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
Okay, I agree on all of those...with the exception of Harry's death. Not sure if that could be confirmed but if this story follows the basic monomyth pattern (so far it has), it would seem logical for the hero (Harry) to go into the final battle alone. So, if Rowling kills off Hermione, Ron and maybe, Ginny, it would make sense in theory (giving Harry the added motivation, vengeance, and releasing him from any emotional bonds, nothing to hold him back).
You can look a little deeper into the monomyth structure at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hero%27_s_journey... (refered to commonly as "The Hero's Journey")
Also, I think the end of the 6th book alluded that Harry might not return for the final year at Hogwarts...and if he does return, it might not be for very long. So the majority of the book may track Harry's Horcrux-hunting spree and take place outside of the normal school grounds. And I'm a bit curious as to the link between Harry and his mother's eyes (think I read a Rowling quote somewhere that led me to believe that perhaps there is some type of magic that a wizard can accomplish with his eyes...maybe this skill comes into use when attemting to destroy/obtain a certain Horcrux). And Wormtail was left, stilll, in Harry's debt (3rd book) so that might be repayed in some form in the 7th book.
There's probably a LOT more but that's all I got off the top of my head. Can't wait for the book & and happy speculating!
(btw...No guarantee that any of this is right, and it's all in Rowling's final desicion...just oddly fun to guess anyways)Source(s): A Harry Potter reader myself and some stuff I remembered from an English class.
- BritenyLv 44 years ago
Oh, it's amazing, a packed with action. The first movie comes out November, and then sometime mid year after that one, if that's why you enjoy HP. Harry, is on a mission to find and destroy all the horcruxes, that are the key to Voldemort's immortality, so that he can be finished once and for all. With the grief of his late headmaster Harry discovers secrets that he never knew about him. And he meets enemies along the way, and many are looking for Harry. The Death Eaters and Voldemort have control over the Ministry and many are living in fear, and having to obey rules or go into hiding. I don't want to ruin anything. There are many losses throughout the book.
- starchilde5Lv 61 decade ago
My theories for book seven:
- Snape will be proven to have always been on the side of the Light and he only killed Dumbledore on the Headmaster's own orders.
- Draco will side with the Order now that he sees Voldemort for the psycho he is. JKR has said that Draco isn't a good-two-shoes nor will he ever be best mates with Harry but she's never once said in interview that he wouldn't team up with the Order in the final battle. He will eventually go on to teach in Hogwarts, showing that people can change in adulthood.
- Many Slytherins will emerge to be supporters of the Light and there will be a number of people from the other three Houses who will turn out to be supporters of Voldemort, finally breaking the stereotype that all Slytherins are evil and everyone else is pure as the driven snow.
- Neville will shine in the final battle, capturing/killing the LeStranges' as justice for what they did to his parents. I think he will go on to become an Auror, following in his parents' footsteps.
- one of the trio, most likely Harry or Ron, will die.
- at least two Weasleys will die.
- the final battle will take place at Hogwarts, with Voldemort bringing down the school's protective wards and invading.
- Dudley, before Harry leaves the Dursleys forever on the day of his seventeenth birthday, will make some form of peace with his cousin but Petunia and Vernon refuse to ever accept their nephew.
- 1 decade ago
type harry potter 7 in on wikipedia. it has got some AWESUM ideas on what will happen. rumors, horcruxes, things we know, and more!!!!! it really makes you think, and it's got more info on it than even jkrowlings website and the many fansites on it!!!!! it's amazing.Source(s): wikipedia
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
I say the 7th is the last book so i think harry will die sry to say!