Me
Me asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

I am 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and today I have hard time walking as some sharp pain goes through all?

the way down .... is that normal? what is it? do I have to go to the hospital?I do not have bad pain ...

Thanks

Favorite Answer

It sounds like the baby has dropped. It won't be much longer now until your labor starts... maybe just a few hours, or even a few days.

Labor pains aren't sharp (or so I've heard). They're like those horribly delightful menstrual cramps you used to get (remember those???) only much worse. Call your doctor's office before going to the hospital, and see what they want you to do. I'm betting your body is just preparing itself for your little arrival, but peace of mind from a doctor is always a good thing.

Good luck!

It does indeed sound like your baby has dropped. Do you have to pee more than say a few days ago? (I know, you've never peed so much in your life the last 39 weeks!) If so that's just your baby moving lower. As far a the pain, it could be a few things, but most likely it is just pressure on your pelvis from the baby. You know it's time to go to the hospital when you have pain that doesn't go away when you rest and comes in regular intervals or your water breaks. Even if you are not having contractions, go to the hospital if your water breaks because the sterile barrier that kept you baby safe is gone. Congrats on the baby, maybe he/she will be a new years day baby!

it very well could be either braxton hicks for it could very well be that you are in labor. i was in labor the night before i had my daughter and didn't even realize it. i had a little back pain that wasn't enough to really bother me. what did bother me was that when i went to pee i had to manouver around so it didn't hurt. when i woke up and stood out of bed my water broke. if you are concerned go to the hospital and more than likely they will give you a non-stress test. just to see what's up. if anything try drinking 8 ounces of water and lay on your left side for about an hour. if the pain persists then go to the hospital or even call them and ask to speak with someone in the ob. they will then coach you on what you should do.

i'm 40 Wks in the present day, and that i've got been having an analogous ''sharp'' pains that punch downwards at my cervix. From what i've got been advised by employing my scientific expert, it is common- and to assume it.. it incredibly is greater beneficial than in all possibility your cervix effacing and dialating. get waiting to pass into exertions quickly, you're in simple terms approximately there!

sounds like what i felt during transistion with my second and third babys (transition is from 4 to 8 cm dialated) and has been known to be painful (or uncomfortable) I would do some walking and some relaxing, sit down and put your hands on your belly and see if your having painless contractions! i did this with my first baby if my mom hadnt held my belly and told me i was having contractions 3 minutes apart i would have had him at home! i never felt a thing except discompfort while walking until i needed to push. (and this was with my first!)

Source(s): mom of 3 boys with a girl due in april

Braxton Hicks pain shoot through. Real labor stays in uterine muscles and cause low back pain. Braxton hicks move fast. Uterine contractions can be timed. Start timing. Then call nurse to report.

GOD BLESS YOUBaby may very well have "dropped", thus--pressing upon many different nerves that it did not prior to dropping. It is the baby getting settled into your pubic region, and preparing for his or her birthday! Those pains are normal....esp. @ 39 weeks! Be prepared my love, your child is coming soon!

God Bless you and he or she? What a gift from GOD! CONGRATS!!!! <>< <>< <>< <><

Well of course your going to have, pain of a lovely new born baby coming in to this world. The pain is all the love your going to give this baby, i know it. congradulations

Happy new year.

• You are in labor and if you are having a boy name him Abijah which means God is my Father...