JAMIE asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

17.3 is that a good BMI?

in just about all weight questions it tells the person to check their BMI, so i did it but i dont exactly know what it means? can you explain it to me? i got 17.3 is that fat, or okay?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A BMI of 17.3 is considered to be underweight. A BMI of 17.3 does not sound healthy. But then again, I do not know your age, height, or weight. I suggest you go to a doctor.

• 1 decade ago

Don't listen to "itskind2bcruel", she doesn't know what shes talking about. If your bmi is 17.3, that is underweight, your bmi(body mass index) should be between 19 and 24. And if your bmi is 17.3, that isn't how much body fat you have, "itskind2bcruel" is stupid. Here is a link to a body mass index calculator.

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm

• 1 decade ago

a BMI of 17.3 is underweight. You should probably see a doctor to make sure that you are healthy and see if you need to gain some weight.

• 1 decade ago

the body mass index tells you what percentage of fat your body is comprised. so, your body is 17.3% fat which is good. the average for males is 22% and 30% for females. so, you are doing really well. but, the body mass index does not consider genetics or how one is built. everything is based on averages. according to the bmi, tom cruise is obese. it doesn't consider how his body is built or how much muscle mass he carries or any other important factors. i hope this helped a little bit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

thats considered underwieght but that isnt a tell tale sign because it doesnt take into account many factors such as muscle mass and things like that. talk to your doctor to get an accurate answer to what you should wiegh and if you are in the normal range.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are an adult, then you are underweight. HTH : )

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

idk how old you are or how tall you are so personally idk but go on Seventeen.com and find out with the Heath category. It's under BMI.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.