amazon
amazon asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Do you think life in prison or death; quick and easy?

The Bet by Anton Chehkov is a great story that discusses both sides, you should read it and make up your mind if you would choose death quickly, because maybe that is what they want or life so they can replay it over and over in their mind, so it slowly kills them. I chose life in prision so they know a little hint of what they did, how much pain they caused or let the other prisioners beat them to death, painfully and without much feeling for the person they are killing.

Favorite Answer

I think life in prison is the best choice. The guilty person has to live with the memory of their crime day after day. I don't know about the letting the other prisoners beat the person to death. It's very hard for me to condone the taking of a life no matter the situation.

I believe the punishment should reflect the crime. However a person commits a murder is how they should be killed in turn. In this country a murderer is on death row up to 27 years! It's really ridiculous. The way they carried out Saddam H execution is how it should be done everywhere that the death penalty is allowed where there is a smoking gun conviction. He was a proven mass murderer. If he'd been convicted here he'd have lived another 15 years or so on the tax payers money getting fat on three meals a day and everything handed to him. Changes need to be made to the penalty completion here.

there is a ex con at our unit and he was in jail for 15 years.

He tells some bad stories of beating up others. I say give them death so i do not have to pay for them to sit there all those years.

Now I am for freedom, free will, rights and the American way, but now days it seem that people that want to harm others do not have feeling of remorse...they could sit there all their life and it would not matter. I would not mind free room and board. No kids to have to look after, no cooking or cleaning....I know they do that stuff in prison...but not 24/7 like it is on the outside in a real home. No bills or worries of buying food or shoes. I say get it over with and off my payroll...there are enought people on it already...and don't even get me started about the people that pay

in $500.00 to Uncle Sam and get back $6,000.00 because they have kids. When i pay in over 10,000.00 and have to still pay.

I think for some the daily reflection of what they did might work. But the prison systems today let them have TVs etc. where do they have the alone time to think about it? But there is also those people that it will never bother them. Charles Manson comes to mind. Jeffrey Dalmer is another. The Son Of Sam murderer.

• mJc

In Michigan we lock you up for life and throw away the key. This is a better punishment to me. Death is the easy way out for most of these creeps. Michigan hasn't had the death penalty since the 1846 after the execution of an innocent man. It's an interesting story: http://www.cuadp.org/michhist.pdf

• Erika

enable's desire the bastard not got here across to be insane and that i would be happy as a results of fact a million) He'd be tormented in penal complex or 2) His existence would be taken via the state heavily, the ****** merits to die besides you place, and that i don't provide a **** if he's long gone mad or not. those harmless human beings have been basically going to make certain an excellent action picture, and that they have got gotten heavily injured or have died basically for having been on the region on the incorrect time; it somewhat is unquestionably appalling!

A human that must be detained from harming other humans and requires such an extreme solution as total isolation from other humans and it is I who must do the dirty work of this and is lucky enough to avoid being killed in the process of protecting others and leaves me no other choice but to remove this being to protect others will not get nor convince me to take his life. If he wants I will put a pistol with one bullet in his cell and let him decide for himself. If he does not take his own life he has decided. Will spend as much time as is needed, to continue the protection of others, isolated from them.

Life in jail is still life, albeit with most pleasure removed. But people adapt and still find reasons to be happy, even in a cage.

Toughie.

• Lola

I would opt for execution. That way they never get the opportunity to escape, get paroled, or have their sentences reduced just to get out and do it all over again. Criminals don't sit there in prison pondering their bad deeds. They blame society for what they do, not themselves.

quick death i wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life in a cell and watch the world evolve around me watch people i love die an me not bein there