Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

is everybody happy that saddam was tried for his crimes in an iraqi court?

if it took place under our law he would be on death row at least 7 more years so the libs could try to prove his innocence.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i am. these frickin libturds are having a pretty big pity party on this site today. wah wah wah.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • dstr
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Here’s another interesting question that as far as I know, no one has ever asked. What would we be hearing from the pro-war camp today if,

1) � It had been Bill Clinton or Al Gore that had led the U.S. into Iraq.

2) � Clinton/Gore had sold the war to Americans as a pre-emptive stike against threats to America’s national security from terrorists and WMD’s.

3) � 1600 American troops had been killed (who cares about the civilians?).

4) � It was discovered after the fact that not only were there never any WMD’s or an Al Queda link, but that there never had been any intelligence supporting this conclusion in the first place, and Clinton/Gore had ignored it or played it down.

What do you suppose we’d be hearing from the Right Wing crowd then. I’ll bet a $50 bill that we wouldn’t be hearing glowing soliloquies about what magnanimous defenders of freedom they were! Anyone else?

All evidence confirm Saddam trials are American in all except for conducting the proceedings in Arabic instead of English by Iraqis instead of Americans, which was the only logical option to convey the American message to Iraqis who do not understand English, thus turning the tribunal into another U.S. propaganda outlet to support the Voice of America and Al-Hurra satellite TV channel.

The “Iraqi Governing Council” the occupiers installed immediately after the invasion in 2003 established the “Iraqi Higher Criminal Court” with the permission of U.S. ruler Paul Bremer's Coalition Provisional Authority on Dec. 13, 2003, three days before Saddam Hussein's capture.

Scott Horton, chair of the International Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association, said: “This entire process from beginning to end is being closely superintended by the United States ," he told IPS. "This whole process is funded by a 138-million-dollar grant from Congress and a large staff of people working out of the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad called the 'Regimes Crime Unit'.”

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would be happier if it was laws drafted by Iraqis that prosecuted him, instead of laws draft by the US for the Iraqi courts to follow.

On the other hand, a great many death row inmates have been PROVEN innocent because of our laws.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Any war culprit have to be trailed in an International court? Is it not? Iraqi Govt is just a puppet govt till the US Army is there in Iraq. Who believes in this world, that, he is trailed properly in the iraqi court. His Lawyers are killed one after the other....No....No No.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes i am happy about him being tried there by the iraqs

i like the way they carry out there penalty,, and the speed of it..

i think it might be a good idea to let the iraq courts try some muders cases here.

• 1 decade ago

Im absolutely glad the Iraqis got to try him, no years of appeals crap as we know he's guilty as sin for his crimes.

• If he had been tried in the U.S. we would all be supporting him with our tax dollars while he sat on death row until he died of old age.

• 1 decade ago

No, I'm not. I think it was a joke. Sure, he did kill a lot of innocent people, but what right do we have to take his life? It's like Bush still has his right to sentence death as governor of Texas. Conservative Republicans suck!

• 1 decade ago

Very true. Justice was served.

It seems many do not know how to read. He was not tried or executed by the U.S.

• 1 decade ago

Y E S, because their law is very good!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, I'm happy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.