I have a t21 IBM thnkpad and XP, How can I get widescreen output? S3 adapter doesn't give 16:9 option.?

I tried to update my driver didn't do anything when I followed the instructions and clicked on the "setup.exe" from the ibm download site http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/documen... The full driver I have now is S3 graphics Inc. 5.13.01.7056-7.50.16 from 2001. I just got a 50 inch plasma tv and I would love to use it as a computer monitor but it is only 4:3 and the resolution is poor.

I figured maybe there was some software that faked a widescreen resolution or a better driver to use or maybe I am just not correctly installing? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Try changing the display output resolution to 1280x768 and see if that works. You may need to manually edit the INF file for your video card and add that resolution, or use an S3 utility to do the same.