I want to try for a PhD in Area Studies of Central and Sub Saharan Africa. I can't seem to find one...???

I need a program with as little residency requirement as possible, mostly correspondence or online, and must be a school which is regionally accredited. I am having trouble locating such a program, and I don't have anyone to counsel me on this...any ideas?

I am a mother of three children under 5 years of age, and haven't money for daycare. My GI Bill will pay for some school costs. I earned my MA online, but I'm afraid of online PhD's...

Favorite Answer

I'd suggest going to the library and looking at the Peterson's Guid to colleges and universities. These books are helpful and helping you find the program you want. As for online programs, Give yourself time. I know that when I was in a Departmental meeting, many professors were worried about the number of PhD applicants who attended ONLINE schools for hires. The online PhD students were viewed with a bit of contempt.