Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

what is the purpose of wedding favors?

what is the purpose of them??

Favorite Answer

A very good question...just another thing for the bride to figure out and another expense to deal with. I would bet nearly all wedding favors end up in the trash or stuck in a drawer somewhere. Sorry if that sounds cynical, but I think it's true.

OK, I guess it's a nice way to say "thank you" to your guests for coming to your wedding. Personally, I think it's another way for retailers out there to get even more of your money, by convincing you that you "have" to have favors. If you feel the need to give your guests favors, I can tell you as a guest that most of the favors I've gotten have wound up in the trash. I don't need picture frames with the bride and grooms names on them, or shot glasses w/same, or CD's that have had hours spent burning them, sticking on labels, and stuffing them into envelopes, etc. All that stuff I bring home and promptly toss in the trash. The only favors I've really not had to do that with are the ones that I can consume right there, ie: food. Little bags of candy are fun, 1 wedding I went to even gave out Krispy Kreme donuts as the guests were leaving. That was (for me) the most memorable of the favors...

Hope this helps, good luck to you!

Since the guests and attendants are spending a fair amount of money to attend your wedding (gift included), and even though you are (hopefully) supplying the booze and food, the purpose is to give them a personal remembrance of your wedding. In each chair at the reception, I put one of those cheap fuji instant cameras tied with ribbins of our wedding colors, wrote mine and hubby's name and wedding date in perm. marker on the camera. This way, your guests can take their own pics. A fun and inexpensive favor!!!

• I dunno, but I didnt have them at my wedding. I find them a waste of money. I dont even have the favors from any of the weddings I went to anymore. I guess people use them as a thank you kind of thing, but seriously, some of the stuff...who would seriously want it? I dont want something with the bride and grooms name on it sitting out in my home. especially if its something useless (bookmarks, frames, cups) food is usually the best bet if you want to do favors, but then, they usually eat it at the wedding and then toss the packaging before they leave.

• Jenny

As a thank you to your guests for the "favor" of attending your wedding. You can get inexpensive favor bags and boxes at www.abcustom.com (20% off)

I think they are kinda useless. We gave a donation to charity instead and left a note on each table that said "instead of wedding favors we made a donation to the American Heart Association. Thank you for sharing our special day"

Some people call it thank you gifts for attending and usually it was a keepsake and unique. Some people call it bonbonniere, to wish the best for the couple, usually 5 jordan almonds (if you are Italian). Other culture may just wish the couple the best with little horseshoe ornaments and chocolates or truffles for attending. It depends on the budget, your culture and your decision.

• Dotr

They are a souvenir of an event! Your wedding is an event people spend alot of money on clothes & gifts for this special event a favor comemorates the event.

Its your little way of telling all of your guests that you are so glad that they came to your wedding and made your special day even more special because they where apart of it.

It takes nothing to do something for everyone who is attending the wedding.

Give them a thank you to.

A lot of people like to keep little reminders of the wedding. Other than that not much really..