How do i find out what my newborn child's SS number is before i get his card?

They said it would take up to 4 months,but is there a way to get just the number for his medical records,and tax forms?

• alybr
    Favorite Answer

They say it could take up to 4 months...but it really will only take a couple of weeks. Also most places do not need the ss number until you acually get it. Like fo rmedical purposes, just tell them you have a bewborn and don't have the ss number yet and you will get it to them when it comes.

No, I never had it before the card. I don't know about the tax forms, but the medical records will wait until you do get it. Just ask the people that prepare your taxes what you should do. They deal with that kind of stuff every year.

I went down to the social security office and they gave me the number. They just wrote it down for me but didn't give me a card, it was sent.

• tanner

What I did was go into the ss office, tell them you need her ss # for whatever reason, bring her birth certificate, & they can print you out a noterized paper w/ you kid's ss # on it.

Contact the social security office and ask them for it, you may be required to show proof of your identity and the child's (birth certificate)

• All you do is go to the social security office and they will give you the ssn # even before you get the card, i know they gave me my son's when i went over there to sign him up for one, i mean they gave me his ssn# that day.

http://www.ssa.gov

Sorry but it takes them that long to process it. Until it is processed, your child has none. Just put pending in the areas where they are needed. This happens all of the time.

call the social security office and they will ask you a few questions and then give you the number.

I wouldn't worry about it taking that long. They told us 6 weeks and we had our son's in two weeks.

you can't.... u gatta wait my sister tried the same thind... but were in Pa so it might be differant! u might be able to go to the court house!