how to remove pine sap from a shirt?

100% cotton

Favorite Answer

Try hand sanitizer. It works well for removing sap from skin.

I've never had to remove it from a shirt, but I have removed it from bare skin before. To get it off of my hands, I usually use gasoline, paint thinner, mineral spirits, or alcohol--just put some on a rag and wipe it on your hands until the sap goes away. Afterwards, wash your hands with soap and water. I don't know if I would try any of the above methods on clothing though. Maybe test one of them on an inconspicuous spot on the shirt to see if it has any ill effects, and then go from there.

WD-40 is the wonder worker, then wash the shirt shortly thereafter to rid it of the oil base.

On something such as dog's fur, Dawn dishwashing (the regular blue) softens it and then follow up with baby shampoo. This would be something conservative to try first on the cotton before using WD-40, since WD has the oil base.

Spray it with WD-40 let it sit for 30 min spray it again wash it.

My hubby gets it on his hunting clothes all the time during bow season.

fingernail polish remover works good on your skin..I dont know about a shirt. maybe some goo gone..... maybe put an ice cube on it til its hard and pull/chip it off... that's what you do to bubble gum...

scissors