Would you plan your life around your career or your job?

I have to decide whether to stay in my present job and keep my relationship or give up my relationship to take a job in another state.

Favorite Answer

Oh wow thats a hard decision to make, im sorry you are in such a situation to have to choose between the two.

If it were me I'd plan my live around the person i love because i wouldnt be happy without them. I realized that more money may create a comfortable atmosphere but without the one I love it would be useless. My life is based on love and everything else is decided around that.

The question you have to ask yourself is: Is this relationship going to last? Do i love them and want to be with them forever? Do i need this job more than the relationship at this point in my life? Weigh the pros and cons of the two and maybe thatll help you decide. You just need to figure out what is most important to you.

Your questions gives me an impression that this relation is not that important for you comparing to your career . The answer for your qestion is very individualistic & there is no general answer . I am a career oriented person . I take most of my decisions based on my career only. But person I had relation is someone I think going to be my life partner or more important than my career then, I would defenitely give priority for relationship rather than career. So you have to take this decision purely based on how important this relationship in your life. I mean you have to weigh between this person & your career. If you think this person has more value than your career then you need to stay in this place or else please move to another location for your job. Also you can work out for a middle path too. I mean does it necessary to leave the relationship completely for the sake of moving to another state? You might be able to keep the relationship from new state also .Think about that also .

If it means going farther in your career, by all means take the job. Love doesn't pay the bills, you know.

It depends how much you value your relationship. Do you feel there is something special? Dont lose it.

Good luck

Job....as it's part of my career.

depends on the job,, time in ect,, job is important