What are you own favorite recipes for sweet rice cake?
- W0615Lv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
Sweet Rice Cakes, my favorite.... yummyyyyy................._;-)
These tender pancakes are dotted with fruit and pine nuts. You can make them with white rice or brown, plain or aromatic.
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2/3 cup low-fat (1%) milk
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp flour
3 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp vegetable oil
4 tsp unsalted butter
1. Place the yogurt in a fine-mashed sieve and let drain while you prepare the rice patties.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk the milk and 1/3 cup of the sugar into 2 tbsp of the flour and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until combined. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the rice, fruit, pine nuts, vanilla, and salt. Shape into 8 patties
3. Dredge the patties in the remaining 1/2 cup flour, shaking off the excess. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and butter over moderate heat until the butter has melted. Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes per side or until the rice cakes are golden brown and heated through.
4. Stir the remaining 1 tbsp sugar into the yogurt and serve with the rice cakes. Serves 4
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Sweet Rice Cake Recipe
3 heaping tablespoons of rice flour
1 tablespoon of skim soy milk
Water - enough to make a soft dough in a bowl
Artificial sweetener or sugar or honey dribbled on top
1 heaping tablespoon of yogurt
Mixed rice flour, milk, water to a soft dough and microwave for one minute.
Top with cold yogurt and honey or sweetener sprinkled on top.