EL-BRAY asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Should animals be killed for sport and should the body or parts be preserved for display.?

Favorite Answer

I live in Pennsylvania where deer hunting is HUGE. I personally feel that as long as the animal is eaten, it's fine. I don't care if they wish to mount the head or horns. Many hunters donate their deer to food banks and homeless shelters.

People have gotten out of touch with their food. They think that if their meat doesn't come plastic wrapped on a little foam tray from the supermarket, it can't be good. Odd, isn't it?

To all of those who answered no, I sincerely hope that you do not eat meat or wear leather in any form, including belts or shoes.

Otherwise, I'd have to say you're just a big 'ol hypocrite.

• Gail

I own a few leather coats, I bought my wife a mink coat, I have down blankets and I love to eat red meat, chicken, fish and pork. I have nothing against harvesting animals for consumption or use in some way. I do, however, take issue with the manner in which some of these animals are treated prior to harvesting. Anything that we use in out everyday products, for food, clothing or whatever--Should be treated with dignity. They are a "life" and as such, all life should be respected. As a Christian, I read the bible and GOD put all of the animals on this earth to be used as we see fit.

I think hunting should stop for a while, because the popluations of animals are decreasing rapidly due to sport, and I have to admit that mounted animals parts creep me out.

Okay first of all my boyfriend hunts so i dont believe that that is bad unless you do it out of season! I also don't find anything wrong with keeping parts for display but thats just my opinion!!

what's wrong with hunting? you do realize that if american hunters didn't take a requisite number of white tail deer every year the dear would have such a population boom that they deplete their food supply, become emaciated and die. As for mounting of trophies? yes. Oh, and try reading the second ammendment.

Source(s): a basic knowledge of biology.

No, but Saddam's head should have been mounted. Happy New Year!

No!!! There's nothing sporty about shooting something that can't shoot back. I'm sure mortal man can find something else to preoccupy himself with.

NO. that is really mean.

no no..that is so evil

no and no