I was stood up on a potential second date; he says that his dad is dieing; what should i do?

he should have at least called me; this has been going on; he could be using it as a convnient excuse

Favorite Answer

Not sure of your age or your beau's age..........but yes, a phone call would have been nice. On the other hand, I just lost my mom in July and I'm sure a 2nd date would not have been my priority when I was at her bedside.

I'd give the guy some room and a chance to call you again. I think a nice card would be a nice gesture, they have cards for "support during a difficult time" or whatever, and then he'll really feel like a jerk if he is making it up.

Give it some time, if his dad REALLY IS dying, then he will respect that you gave him space to deal with that. If his dad is alive and well and kicking it up somewhere, then he will feel like a jerk, and you will have given yourself the time you need to meet someone else who will not play games with your heart.

Best of luck to you in the new year!!!

Source(s): A
  • ?

Difficult to say. He could be lying but this is a sensitive subject. I I would hate to see you accuse him of lying and have it be the truth. So call when you think his dad will answer the phone and then ask how he is doing. Or if you really want to be brutal, go over and in front of this guy, tell his father how sorry you are about his condition. If it turns out to be false, the boy toy will have some explaining to do to you and his dad. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when THAT happens!! Anyway, I would ditch this sucker in a second. It is sick to use an allegedly dying parent as an excuse not to go out with you . Or anyone for that matter.

Send him a sympathy card and tell him that you are praying for him and his family. That ought to make him want to see you again after this ordeal is over.

Offer to go along and visit his dying dad to help cheer him up. If he isn't lying, you can help brighten his dying dad's day. Otherwise you can catch him if he is lying.

wow if its true about his dad that sucks but if hes lieing then thats pretty low. get some more info if its true give him time if hes lieing kick him to the side.

Give him a break but tell him in the future that while you will understand about emergencies to please call you if only for ten seconds.

sorry to hear that but i really think you should forgive him and be by his side at this crucial moment..he needs all the support he can get esp if you're the one he likes..be with him and listens to whatever he has to say.. =)

good luck to you sweetie..

• Joho

just let it slide for now but next time u should be more forceful. good luck and have a happy new year.

• NAN G

Believe him until you are told anything different, or until you find out anything different. Could be true.

so because he's dad is dyeing all the phones stopped working did they?