who sang life is a highway?

Favorite Answer

Rascal Flatts I love that song in fact they just pefromed it like 5 minutes ago on ABC. I can't but sing and dance when I hear that song.

Rascal Flatts

"Life Is a Highway" is a song written and performed by Tom Cochrane, from his 1991 album Mad Mad World. The song was Cochrane's most famous song, as it was a number one hit in his native Canada, and was ubiquitous on Canadian radio in 1991. The song also peaked at number six on the Billboard charts in the United States in 1992.

The song was then remade by Rascal Flatts in 2006 for the Disney movie, 'Cars'.

BTW..I think this is a great song, and personally prefer the original.

Source(s): Wikipedia
  • Tom used to be the lead singer of 80's band 'RED RYDER' who had the radio hit 'Lunatic Fringe' from the 'Vision Quest' soundtrack. Very popular classic song. "...lunatic fringe - I know you're out there..."

Happy New Years!

:-)

Note To GiantWarfBat: Tom Petty has NEVER done this song. He did a song called 'Love Is A Long Road' from his Full Moon Fever album that many have confused with 'Life Is A Highway'. :-)

Source(s): NP: Shout It Out Loud by Kiss

Tom Cochran

• Jess H

It was originally done by Tom Cochran. It was recently re-done by Rascal Flatts.

Rascal Flatts sings it now.

recently re-done by Rascal Flatts. don't know first maker. was in movie "Cars"

rascall flatts sings the new one

rascal flatts