What prep books are best for the AP English Language examination?

Favorite Answer

I used Cliffs AP English Language and Composition 2nd Edition by Barbara V. Swovelin and got a 4 on the exam. I didn't take the class seriously, wrote like 4 essays all year, and just studied two nights before the exam. If you take the Multiple Choice seriously and are an OK writer like I am, you can get a 4 or 5. GOOD LUCK and STUDY (not like me though hehe) Tell me how you do!

Source(s): Last year AP Lang and Comp class

Cliffs AP English Language book, the 3rd Edition. This book is new and reflects the changes the test writers are adding to the 2007 exam. Make sure not to get the 2nd edition.

Source(s): I'm taking the AP English Language course and test this year.

cliffs is probably the most widely used, you can probably pick up a used copy on the cheap at textbook411.com, its a great place to find prep materials! good luck