Where is a good place in or near Flint,MI to buy a used Car?

I'm not trying to spend a lot because i'm in school right now but i ned one to get me from point A to point B. I don't want to spend no more then $700 dollars. and is it a good idea to get/ buy a vehicle when they sell it at really low prices even when its a good new car. See i was on one auto site where they were selling this ford escape 2003 for $395.00 and i was like whats that about, so would it be a good idea to look into that or am i just wasting my time here.

Favorite Answer

ebay

It is a bad idea to buy a used car for less than 3000 dollars from a used car dealer. In many states a dealer can't sell a car "as is" if it costs a certain amount of money, that's what the lemon law is all about. If you get a car for under $1000 it will most likely have problems.

Don't trust any prices online until you verify over the phone, and you will not get a 2003 model for 395, even if it was flooded, crashed and burned.

Look for a used Saturn, toyota corolla, mazda protege, honda civic etc. And learn to drive a stick-shift because they last longer than automatic transmissions. Go look at a car with an older more experienced person and if possible work more hours to get a better vehicle.

I hate to tell you this, but most $700 cars are not that dependable. You will not always get what you pay for, but almost never get more than you pay for.

What ever you buy, try to have someone who knows a lot about cars go with you to look it over. Some things to look out for are cracks in the serpentine belt, damaged CV joint boots, when was the timing belt last changed, and things like that.

You are much more likely to get your money's worth if you buy the car through a friend or relative, that is to say that you are more likely to have it represented for what it really is.

I have a nephew who is a sleazy car dealer and I fear there are more crooks like him than honest car dealers. This jerk lied to his own grandmother in order to sell her a car!

I agree i bet that Escape turns into a $395 down deal .

And if it is $ 395 you can bet it is at the end of it's road you can find some $1000 Toyotas but you better stay on top of looking since they go quick