why do people think they can act black?

Im so sick of people saying that **** dont people understand that you cant act like a race because a whole race does not act the same. am i the only one who sees this? even black people i know tell me i act white because i do well in school. i tell them its just a stereotype that white people made up to keep black people down( not all whites just the racist ones). so let me break it down for you. if you act stupid your not acting black your acting stupid. if you act smart your acting smart not white. god are people really that dumb to believe everything they see on tv?

keep reading i said "the racist whites made it up to keep blacks down."

if your not a racist white then you have nothing to worry about.

Favorite Answer

I think that I understand where you are coming from. People automatically assume when people depict the most negative behaviors in society that they must be acting black. For example, if a person cusses or fights, then they are acting black. If a person has positive attributes like doing well in school and speaking properly then that is considered, acting white. I have heard this more than once and anyone that says that they have not, are either lying or living in denial. Intellegence does not have a color to it. It does not have a gender or a demographic. It is a character trait and NOT a racial one. It is sad that in this day and time that people still believe that blacks make up the slum of society. I am black and I can understand where your frustration comes from. I am quessing that you are young. But I assure you that I have been there. I always done well in school and used proper English. I got a few degrees and graduated Magna. Even now in my early 30s. I still hear that I am a sell out and acting white. Be encouraged my brother and know that when you demonstrate intellegence and ambition, you are going to find jealous people that would like nothing better than for you to fail and feed into their misguided generalizations. Stay focused and do what you have to do. Good wishes.

I'm not sure what your evidence is that white racists are the reason why black students who do well in school are said by other black students to be "acting white," but I agree with everything else you said.

You lost me at..white people made it up to keep blacks down...

Whoa dude shorten your long statement then I can proceed to answer your question.