Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is it ok to give a child beer to get rid of worms?

17 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    this is why my fellow minorites shouldnt breed

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Never heard of that before and I doubt it would work anyways. We used to give dogs a wad of tobacco to get rid of worms, but I think you should take the kid to the doc.

  • 1 decade ago

    For most states, giving children alcohol for any reason is highly illegal.

    Go to the doctor to get medicine for the worms.

  • 1 decade ago

    No, never give a child beer. Take it to a Doctor or go to a herb store.

  • Please tell me you're not serious.

    First of all beer will not get rid of worms.

    Second of all, if your child has worms, why haven't you taken him or her to a doctor.

    Giving a child alcoholic beverages is not only ILLEGAL, but it is CHILD ABUSE!

  • 1 decade ago

    I would say, "Bad idea."

    Has your child been diagnosed with worms? You should see a doctor and have he/or she diagnose your child and suggest a better method.

    Source(s): I work in the medical field
  • Catie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    no beer wont kill worms what are you trying to do make it a drunk take the kid to the er or something dont listen to the old wives tales

  • 1 decade ago

    Never heard of this and not recommended. Your local Pharmacy has several different brands of worm treatments - try one.

  • 1 decade ago

    no! pin x ...get at local pharmacy only if you see worms in the stool or in the anus...and treat the whole family ...get to the doc..tues. morn...

    Source(s): pre school kids...
  • 1 decade ago

    I wouldn't suggest it...

    ever heard of alcohol poisioning?

    ever heard of CPS or DCFS? They might come on knock'in on your door...and I hope they do...since you are even bothering to ask this question....guess common sense isn't so common.

  • Jess H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    Ask the child's doctor. I don't think that would help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.