how long will it take for my computer to show that i have more ink in my canon printer?

i have a canon i950 printer i just put in a new black ink cartidge and the computer still shows that it is almost empty how long will it take for the computer to know that i put more ink in the printer

or how does the computer know how i put more ink in my canon printer

(note:the canon printer was 1/10 empty and i was tired of it prompting me so i changed it)

Favorite Answer

go in the program, try to restart it, or better yet restart computer and printer, make sure the printer is off all the way. it should help, or sometimes with mine you have to re-close the top for the computer to read it. try it out