Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

How many games does one Nfl team play excluding the super bowl in the playoffs?

How many total games are played in the playoffs excluding the superbowl?

Favorite Answer

Okay there are 16 regular season games and 4 preaseason games. There are 3 games in the playoffs before the Super Bowl if you don't get a bye. 2 games if you do get a bye.

I disagree. Even though a lot of the teams playing aren't doing it for a National Title, they are playing for pride. I mean look at Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl, everyone knows they'd never compete with OSU, USC, Michigan, Florida, but they are playing to show us something. As for the Playoff system, sure I wish they had that, but the idea around is that the regular season is your playoff. I don't agree, but that is what is accepted. To me, the NFL is trash. Fundamentals are horrible, many players are there just for the money. It's not as entertaining, not as meaningful. Trash is a bad word, I still enjoy the NFL, it's just not like College.

Out of the twelve teams that make the playoffs, there are four teams that get a first round bye. So the number of wins a team must have to make it to, or win, the Super Bowl depends on whether they got a bye or not.

If they got a bye, they need two wins to get to the Super Bowl. If they didn't get a bye, they need three wins.

2 or 3 games - if you win them (excluding the Super Bowl) It depends if you get a first round bye or not. First round bye goes to the top 2 teams in each conference.

Improve Your Bowling Game & Score!

4 games with out a 1st round bye

3 games with a 1st round bye

16 regular season games

two wild card games, two divisional games, a conference championship game. so that makes 5 games total in the playoffs for one conference

16 regular season...4 pre-season

one if they lose.. 3 if they were to win the bowl.