Does anybody know about esthetics courses?

I am looking for esthetics courses for facials, body treatments, make-up artistry, and temporary hair removal.

I looked up many schools on Internet. But I would appreciate first-hand information - because many schools offer poor education for substansial educational fee. Information they provide is misleading.

TY and Happy New Year.

Favorite Answer

it doesn't matter what school you attend, if you are determined and self-disciplined and really want to learn, you will. you'll gain most of your experience after school anyway. the school's purpose is to educate you with the essentials and experience to qualify for licensure and that's about it. don't worry about being too picky. as long as it doesn't seem disreputable or anything go for the one you can afford. by the way, your own personal research will uncover some truths that contradict some of what you'll learn, so study on your own as well to really become a knowledgeable pro. good luck. by the way, i became an esthetician first and determined it was more intelligent to get a full cosmetology license. it really pays to become as marketable as possible. i couldn't be happier. think about it.

Source(s): a happy professional

esthetics is a branch of cosmetology. You have to be licensed to work as an esthetician in most states, so your best bet would be to look at the cosmetology board in your states requirements for getting a licesnce. I know most community colleges offer a degree in cosmetology and sometimes esthetics separately. I wouldnt recommend doing any kind of online coursework, its not likely to be accredited by the licensure board.

I depends on where you live. Can you be more specific.