Sims 2 and disk drive?

ok so I have had the sims 2 since it came out and all the expansions but when I put the disk in it dosen't read it it says make sure the disk is in blah blah but I know there is nothing wrong with the disk because it has been doing it with the other sims 2 disks not just one of them and sometimes I can get it to play it.

also when I try to play cds but it like skips and stuff even though it is a brand new cd

so what is the problem?

Favorite Answer

Yes I had the same problem a year ago. Your disk must be broken. buy an expansion pack so you don't need to buy again the original sims 2.

If your disk isn't broken, add details- I'll be there

I have had this problem. If your disc is not scratched or broken, it could also be your dirve. If your drive is being tempermental about reading the disk, you should probably get a new one, which is what I'm planning on doing in a week. I have had problems with my drive fornearly a year. Somtimes it would only read the disc if I turned the computer on in the morning. I have alos had problems with my drive reading other things such as DVD's. I can't really reccommend any particular things to lok for in a drive because I don't know what all you use your computer for, but if this problem is happening with more then one disk, I would really consider getting a new drive, looking in to getting your drive repaired, or getting new components for it.

Source(s): Experience with disk drives and sims 2 disks.

Check t omake sure your drive is working correctly by inserting a different CD, and if it is, try to re-install it. If the disc will not read, it is broken.

you're starting to be the flexibility to purchase the interest on line, the place it downloads into your laptop. Or attempt taking the interest to a working laptop or laptop person and asking to circulate the information right into a memory stick