sweet
sweet asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

there is this relative that keeps saying derogatory things BEHIND MY BACK...how do i know???...some other?

relative tells me...Finally, i confronted him in a nice way..."why are you saying stuff about me?"...he denied it...but FIRST HE ASKED ME WHERE I HAD HEARD IT FROM?...i just said..."oh, around"...but it keeps happening and he keeps denying...and i know it is TRUE BECAUSE HE BAD MOUTHS OTHERS..;BUT WHEN CONFRONTED...denies it...what can I do?..people are getting sick of him...and frankly so am i???

• NAN G
    Favorite Answer

Ignore him and stay away from him. No one likes to be around someone that talks about others to make themselves feel important. After a while, he will have no one to complain to.

ask the person telling you these things if she's willing to confirm this with you directly in front of him. Try to keep peace, not drama.... drama really isn't worth it. He probably found that the only way to get your attention to him is by saying these negative things...... if its true.

Be fair when questioning him, the other person might be over exagerating things. You will gain respect from both by being the fair person in clearing up this 'gossip'. He might be right.

Good Luck and best wishes in 2007!!!

I have experienced this with my sisters and they will call me confrontational in a heartbeat and I don't care. I offered to them that if they had a problem, question or concern regarding anything that I have said or done in my life to ask me. Not back stab me to others. Unfortunately this will not stop them because they are judgemental people. I have decided to keep contact to a minimum unfortunatley but love them from a distance. Sometimes time will heal these types of issues.

Tell the blabbermouth relative to bite you, you don't want to hear it.