How do I stop the snoring?

My husband snores every night and some nights it's really loud. I wear earplugs but can still hear him. Plus I'm a light sleeper. Anything help to make his snoring stop or lessen it some?

Favorite Answer

My gf snores loud too. And Im such a light sleeper, it sucks. So when I hear her snoring, I plug her nose so she can choke on herself for a minute. Then she wakes up and cant go back to sleep for a while. And if it continues, I make her lay in a different way. So that kinda works for me.

spoiled wife touched the right note. Sleep Apnea-- I would suggest that he have a sleep study done. this is usually an office visit and a two night study. The condition can be treated with a cpap machine. The condition is very hard on a persons heart, you actually stop breathing for periods of time during the night. I started wearing the machine about 2 and a half years ago. No snoring, I get better sleep now, my wife just finished her study and will start using the machine next week. If you have health insurance, often the machine and the study is paid for 100%. this is because it improves your health and lessens other problems that may occur. Check it out

My husband's snoring go to the point that I started sleeping in another room. He got the nose strips. If you read the box it will tell you that they work better after 6 nights.

Snoring is also associated wit sleep apnea. Does he stay tired during the day?

Try the strips, wait a couple of weeks. If that doesn't fix it, ask yourself, is he really worth losing sleep over. (Just kidding)

• well he may be congested at night and that might cause him 2 snore or u should go 2 any drug store and buy him some of those things that u put on ppls nose 2 keep them 4rm snorin and if that doesn't work u need 2 take him 2 the doctor and get some medicine 4 that

a snore is a sign of an upper airway or nasal obstruction, so you need to find out the sight of obstruction. is the snore coming completely from a nasal obstruction, or is it an upper airway obstruction. have an overnight oximetry done to find out if your oxygen saturations are dropping. if there is a sawtoothing pattern in your oxygen sats, further investigation should be done, like a formal sleep study. investigate sleep disorders at the american academy of sleep medicine, or the association of polysomnographic technologists website.

I feel for you honey...I been there, know exactly where you coming from. my X gf snored like no tomorrow.

Talk him into wearing those nose strips, they can help a lot.

also, if his head is too high, nose is stuffy, those can cause snoring. There is so many factors that cause snoring, and it is all super annoying.

The couch and over the counter sleeping pills are my best friends.That spray they make for snoring didn't work on my husband.

the breath right stripes help alot and they are comfortable they help you breath better too so that stops the snoring if he wont wear them make him sleep on the couch until he does =D

Have you tried those breath rite strips yet? They are suppose to help. They also have the throat spray.I know how irritating it can be when you are trying to sleep. I used to wear the plugs to but they didn't have the strips out then. Good luck.

sleep apnia can cause snoring

make him lose weight