CanI plug my computer into a 100V outlet?

I have an Dell Desktop. It's power supply says 110v on the back. I live in Japan. Can I plug my computer directly into the outlets here (they are all 100v) or will I fry my computer?

• Dan
    Favorite Answer

You can go to an electronics shop and purchase an adaptor that will make it safe to use in japan

Its perfectly safe; I took a 240 Volt Australian DELL Dimension 8100, and it plugged right in to the US 110 volt system, the key part is the power supply( I had a Tower and a Separate Monitor which both switched seamlessly from Aus 240 to US 110). So long as it either has an auto switching Power unit, or you can manually switch the unit to 110, then all is well.

You do not need a step down or up unit. Just check the power supply , it usually has a red tag style switch with the numbers.

Yes you can, as long as its set to 100-120 volts on the computer.

Most domestic supplies have a variance of up to 10% so you should be safe.

first you have to check that the Hurtz measurement for both and check they are the same, and it proberly won't fry, just not recieve enough power to work properly, i wouldn't recomend trying it though its the sort of thing i would do

• lot

i'm not attentive to something yet i could think of it could have a step down transformer inline to regulate the voltage unsure why somebody could have a choose for it yet you in no way be attentive to

You need an adapter, try radioshack.

im no electritian but i think it just wont power on or will funtion half asstly

I don't recommend it. Get an adapter.