Where to find a "banned book"?

LIttle Black Sambo... I read it as a child, I think my grandmother had a copy, but I don't know where it went. I've heard that it is banned, or no longer in publication, but I'd like to get a copy.(I think that Little Black Sambo was a genius- he found a creative way to save his village.)

I didn't realize that "banned books" were still published... thanks! and thanks for all the places to look.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of "get rich quick" schemes... I wish there were a way to take his 2 points b/c his answer was crap...

Favorite Answer

Please stay away from CashCreate, Treasure Trooper and other survey Web sites.

It is a waste of time and will cause you unhappiness.

If you choose to be suckered in and sign up to take surveys and receive, free trials considered you were warned. The minute you give them your credit card and personal information you have now opened your computer to unwanted cookies on your hard drive, annoying pop-up windows and if you are on a PC you open your computer to viruses that can wipe you out.

A lot of work to collect the "reward payments" that payout is not worth the effort over time. You will need to sign up for many types of offers, most of which require you to use a credit card. You start a week trial service with varies types of businesses or services, such as, an Internet service provider, book club, credit monitoring service, etc. to get your reward. If you don't cancel the trial, you end up being charged for the service and each service has different rules about how and when you can cancel. Very cumbersome!

Since you will need to sign up for at least a dozen offers before you get to $100 in rewards, it's very easy to forget what you have signed up for, or the problems you will have canceling in time to to be charged the full amount. The Cash Create recruiters you see here over exaggerate how much money you can earn because once you've done the high-dollar trials ($8-10 each), you are left with small rewards of a dollar or two. The survey business is not an efficient way to make money and you are more than likely to loose money in the end.

• Gail

1 5 8 3 and 6

Hi Annie,

Youshouldn't have much trouble finding that book. In it's day it was a very popular work. In our day, due to certain PC opinions, it my not be out in a reprint copy, but it's not illeagal to own a copy. My wife found one at a neighborhood yard sale and I'm sure if you got onto Ebay or some other auction websight, I'll bet you could find a copy pretty reasonable, anywhere between $5-$10. I'll bet you could find a copy by going to the internet. enter into the search engine box "Children's books; Little Black Sambo". You should find all kinds of sights with the book available. Best to you

I am Shockeedoc

• Bobyns

You can get the Little Black Sambo Copies on E-bay that were banned.

They do sell a reprint version now. Look on Amazon for it.

Ask at Book World They carry Banned Books. Go to The Antique Store.

There are over 50 copies available on Amazon.com

You can also purchase the book from Barnes and Noble. They have 10 different versions of the book.

• amazon

I think I've seen it in a used book store, or you could just order it from Barnes and Nobel, or Borders,etc. I love that question.

Hello, this is not band it is called something else these days.

To find this Pacific book will cost you some MONEY. It is highly collectible and if you are lucky you can find it on ebay or a collector, or at a second hand store from someone who doesn't know what it is worth. I know someone who has a copy and will not part with it.

• EMW

When in doubt, try eBay. They have everything, sooner or later.

Flea markets, especially in out-of-the-way rural areas are more likely to have it as well...same in other countries, if that's convenient.