promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Supply and demand for music?

How can we increase sales in the music industry? What do people search for?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

crap

the industry is a lie

just play

and go from there

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I'm not sure what area of sales you're asking about in the music industry, but I WILL tell you, whether it be music, CDs, recordings, song books, etc., people want affordability and a way to attain musical goods with ease. This is why so many sites that offer low prices to download music straight to a computer have done so well and why the sales of CDs has decreased. It's much easier to download music and immediately listen to it in the privacy of your home or wherever you choose to be at a fraction of the price that it would take to search for a particular music item at numerous stores, comparing prices, finding which store has the item in stock, them purchasing the item for a higher amount just to use gas (also using the consumers money) to drive back home to listen to it. The music industry must grow and change with the demands of its customers.

• 1 decade ago

You need to examine demographics & trends. Take advantage of new technologies and develop innovative ways to deliver product while making a profit.

Standardizing formats with emerging technology will be a big issue. I also believe making the technology compatible with other uses, such as audio-books, audio-lectures and adding the ability for limited sharing would be a good idea.

I do think security of the intellectual property is important, but some method needs to be developed to allow controlled sharing.

Also, I think new advertising concepts need to be developed. The customer base needs to be able to search through these vast libraries of musical data to get what they want or to hear new material. New bands need to be able to put their product out there and companies need to be able to send samples of their libraries to reach new customers.

The demand is there, the marketing channels need to be refined to allow customers to get it and the companies to track it both for security and marketing purposes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The current music has too many loud drums. Eliminate the drums and maybe people will buy the music.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Make good music and they will buy it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.