Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

In Black Magic or voodo, what does a broom being left at a front door mean if anything?

A friend of mine is convinced that they have been "cursed" or something after sleeping with this woman

Favorite Answer

when a witch has a broom at the door that is to sweep out bad energy from thier house,.

• Kallan

I'm pretty sure practioners of voudon wouldn't like the term "black magic" being used interchangeably with their very honorable belief.

As for a broom being left at a front door, perhaps it was done as a scare tactic.. obviously it worked. There is no curse as brooms are sacred in the Old Ways.

A broom at the front door has no real meaning in voodoo.

In the Old Craft, the broom at the front door is simply symbolic of the witch not being home.

First of all black magic and voodoo are two different things. I can't comment on either one but in several forms of religious witchcraft the broom is use to cleanse a space of negative energies. I would assume that a broom across a door would be some form of protection (e.g. to keep unwanted people/things out).

The broom thing I can explain, I had a demon in the house, but I am not sure if my voodoo women housekeeeper knew it was a demon, she might have thought it was a ghost attacking her, she took a brooma nd turned it upside down, this was suppose to stop it from attacking her, but I doubt it did. I was wiccan then and my spells to bind the demons never worked either. So I abandoned witchcraft.

• lot

Voodoo isn't my expertise. It replaced into introduced over with the slaves. As for Magic and Witch craft, (that are the same factor.) this is NEITHER good nor evil yet a gadget utilized by using human beings. Magic is diffused and follows rules. And the time era Black refers to magic used from the entire moon to the recent moon whilst White refers back to the recent to finished 0.5 of the moon's ranges. green magic refers to using herbs, plant life whilst brown has to do with stones, crystals and so on. A knife or gun is neither good nor evil yet those applying it may use it to do good or evil. Card readings are a form of divination which has to do with discovering approximately your self, and is barely good until you're advised it when you consider which you may deviate from the path you have been following until you had the analyzing carried out which differences the end result. same with any prophesy or predictions. wish this enables.

• it means nothing honey.. all it means is that you got a new broom...there are ways of making a broom "bad" but 99.9 percent of people don't know how. tell him to put salt across the door.. not alot just across the door and that will help.

• Jack S

Nothing, unless the broom was lying across the threshold (one side or the other). It is believed that if you do that, your enemies won't be able to step over it. No idea why.

from what i know broom is a unlucky object especialy use by a witch before becaue it has evil spirit inside

and if u put a broom infront of ur house it is no good and u will suffer from bad luck

There are a few things it could mean...if it was standing on the bristle end, it means unlucky. If it was standing on the handle end it means good luck. But they ought to be more careful with who they are sleeping with too. Hope this helps....good luck