good philosophy or adventure books?

I'm looking for some goods books on philosophy or adventure(i know that the categories seem far off, but I like both.) When I say adventure i do not mean like the action/crime ones i'm talking about ones that take place in the wilderness(i dont like hunting though). As far as philosophy is considered a book that makes it more of a stroy based thing (kinda like Sophie's World)

Favorite Answer

If you're looking for good philosophy books, you should definitely check out Ayn Rand. She has books in both non-fiction form and fiction, both of which are awesome. Her culminating novel, "Atlas Shrugged", is a grand epic and an amazing philosophical statement. I suggest that everyone read it once in their lifetime, no matter what you believe. I've never seen it provoke mild reactions in people; whether they hate the ideas within or love them, they always have a passionate reaction.

Sorry, I don't know much on adventure, I rarely read it, but I hope you'll look up Ayn Rand and enjoy her stuff. Happy reading!

I loved... The Equation that couldn't be solved by: Mario Livio.

I loved Galileo's daughter. The PBS show on the book was excellent!

Anything on Newton... There are a few good ones actually.

Sappho's Leap was a good book...

and last but definitely not least. The adventures of Alan Quartermain. They are the best adventure books ever written!

Good choice of screen names... J.F. is a genius!

"The Alchemist" is big right now. Voltaire's "Candide" Notes from the Underground, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Goethe's Faust, The Divine Comedy.

Some of these are crossover mixes including both elements of philosophy and adventure.

• id reccomend the life of pi if you havent read it. it is by yann martel and can be found in most book stores.