Spike Lee is doing a biopic of the late great James Brown. Who is capable of playing this phenomenal man?

James Brown one of the most gifted entertertainers of all times died in Atlanta on Dec. 25th. His music style and dance influenced Michael Jackson, Mike Jagger, Prince, and scores of other performers, including rap, pop, and funk artist. He is an original inductee in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• ___
    Favorite Answer

I would cast Terrence Howard.

James Brown's contribution to music will go on for years to come with all those that he has influenced and the genres. To play him in a movie, those would be some hard shoes to fill because of his wealth of talent. It can't be just anyone. I think Hammer may be a good candidate to play him because of his dancing abilities. I think for a good pic though, the person for the role should sing as well, so back to square one. It would be interesting to see who Spike casts for the role.

I think he could definitely be an unknown actor if it starts with his younger years then Eddie Murphy as a more older James Brown. What a loss to music and generations to come. He will always be remembered with great adoration.

Jamie Foxx

After seeing the Dreamgirl movie, I think Eddie Murphy could do the part and do it well.

Jaleel White was born for the role.

I could see Don Cheadle, maybe.