Teaching in the US?

Im a High School teacher in Oz and i would like to teach for a year or so in the US, does anyone know of an agency or someone i could contact about employment over there?

Favorite Answer

Try the US Dept of Education. http://www.ed.gov/index.jhtml Maybe you'll be able to find and answer there.

• ?

I'd pick a place first...then contact the local school board. Often they have hiring online at their websites.

teacher-teacher.com has free membership, although it is limited to those groups that choose to use their service.

I'm sure that there are schools who would LOVE to have a teacher from another country...I would! Good luck

I live in South Carolina and my state has used both VIF and FACES to bring foreign teachers to fill vacancies. I'm not sure if they recruit teachers from Oz though.

Check out their websites:

www.vifprogram.com

www.facesinc.org

Google NYC public schools. They are always hiring people. It is hard teaching in NYC (I know!) but you should be able to find a job.