Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

does exercising and periods go together?

I got my period today and i usually workout on the treadmill? will that be bad for my period? i REALLY want to workout and is that bad for it? please answer my question! THANKS! ciao!

and when i exercise what should i wear?

Favorite Answer

There is no problem to exercise when you have your period, if you feel fine. I have pain during my period, so I really can't do anything much, but if you are OK, go ahead. As for what to wear, just make sure it is something safe to avoid embarrassing situations, like getting stained from the blood, as you move.

No, it's actually really good for you. Any kind of exercising can help relieve cramps and even prevent them from coming. Contrary to common belief, your period does NOT have a stronger flow or anything while exercising. A good work-out can only help you!

? Of course its not bad, its not like its a medical condition, its just a period lol. Im pretty sure doctors say its good to exercise...it will probably help your cramps.

Just wear a tampon and whatever you normally wear to exercise. I'm not sure i understand the big deal.

• Ms. Q

No Bella, its not bad for you to workout while you are on your period if you still feel good enough to work out, you should still do it.

Yes in fact exercising will decrease cramps!

• Lisa J

Exercise is actually good during that time. It increases endorpines which are your body's natural pain relievers.

exercise is actually GOOD for when you have your period... it helps relieve cramps. and you should wear something comfortable, but no white shorts or pants!!

Actually exercising is good when you are menstrating... It helps with cramping.

Exercise will temporarily eleviate cramps and reduce flow of your period.

Actually it does...it is supposed to ease the pain when you have cramps...

Source(s): i've done this several times