Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

can you really stop loving someone?

you say that you don't love that person but when your around that person, can you still do? does the feeling come back?

Favorite Answer

I believe that real true love is unconditional and that once you love someone, you love someone forever. I still love my ex, and always will. I broke up with him in 1999!

Once you love somebody you wont be able to stop loving them completely. The feelings may fade over a certain period of time and then when you see them again the feelings start to resurface. Love isnt something that you just get rid of conveniently. The feelings are always there and will be triggered by seeing them, takling to them, etc. You cant stop loving somebody no matter how hard you try..love will always be there but you can cover it up with other feelings such as anger.

I think you cant stop loving somebody until you start to love somebody else, then, although you will still care for the first person, the other one will own your heart.

It depends on how much you loved them before. If you were really into them, then its going to take a while, maybe evan a couple of months, but if you werent really in love in them, then you will get over it quickly. Also, it depends on who left the relationship, if you did, then you will be over her quickly, but if she is the one that left, then you might still have some feelings left.

No, if you really love someone then you will love them forever. I married someone else, and still love him. I will never stop loving him...ever.

Once you are in love you are in love forever. People think they are not in love anymore and its not that. Its that they have forgotten about the love. What you feel comes from your mind and if you don't think it you don't feel it.

Being in love is not just from the heart, its from the mind too.

If it was truly love, then im pretty sure that its gonna be forever. so far it is for me. I mean that person would have to harm your family or something and even then it may take a while. who really knows for sure.....but then again thats why you asked.

if you ARE able to stop loving someone, chances are you never really loved them at all

real love is unconditional

Yes -- If you get hurt badly enough, you can stop loving anybody.

no if your heart says yes than what ....you feel as though time has

stayed still ....hours ,months ,years nothing changes it ...it's still the same